Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The DOC(Department of Corrections, Disciples of Christ, Dartmouth Outing Club)

Day 26
Today we officially exited The White Mountain National Forest today. It was definitely bittersweet because of the beauty of that mountain range. It was really hard to leave town today. A lot harder than it has been in any other town. I just had to pull out my lists of why I'm out here to remind me why I am out here and what I want to get out of my hike. I am pretty excited because I am pulling my first 20 mile day tomorrow and there's a possibility we'll be getting to the New Hampshire state line in 2 days!!!! Today we climbed up and over Mount Moosilauke Which is the last above 4500' mountain we climb in a long while. I am quite happy about that! Anyways it's bed time. Here are today's pictures. Goodnight.
Day 27
Today was our first day over 21 miles. It was an absolutely awesome day with a little bit of rain to cool me off and make the day more bearable. Mentally, today was a good day. I think that the excitement of pulling our first 20 mile day really helped the length of the day. Sorry there aren't any pictures today. The rain was pretty constant the whole day.
On a side note I want to open this blog up for discussion. If any of you reading this ever have a question about my hike or anything about my hike that interests you feel free to shoot me an email. I will be able to check it periodically. Well it's 7 so it's time to start getting ready for bed. Tomorrow is a 24 mile day into Hanover. Goodnight!
Day 28
We be in Hanover chillin' at the Phi Delta Alpha house. What a hook up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment