Monday, July 23, 2012

Mass. on my Mind

Day 43
It's 7:15p.m. and I'm finding it hard to sleep tonight. D-Train and I have an early and long day tomorrow (5a.m. and 25 miles) and I know I need as much rest as I can get, but I can't seem to clear my mind and go to sleep even with the rain rhythmically beating on the tin roof of the shelter. It's not like I'm thinking about one specific thing. More than anything I've been thinking about the monstrosity of this hike that I've decided to take on. I got discouraged yesterday because I felt that I should have gone farther than 480 miles in 42 days and that I was on track to finish never. I got a pep talk today from some northbound thru hikers saying that I'll be amazed how quickly the miles will fly by soon enough. That feeling can't come soon enough and I'm getting very impatient at the pace I'm forced to go at now. I think also that I'm starting to miss my family and my friends more too. I will be seeing mom and dad in a little less than a month which will be very nice, but it will be a while before I get to see all of my friends back in Louisville and Bowling Green. Well I'm done for now. Maybe I'll wake up later and have something else to add. Goodnight for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment