Friday, July 13, 2012

The Racist Mountain Range

Day 27
Gorham was awesome. Our day out of Gorham was awesome as well. We hiked 1.5 miles to a shelter and hikes in Subway sandwiches. Tomorrow is a 13 mile day into the real White Mountains. It will be a tough 6 days but we are being told it will be allllll downhill from there. I'm getting pretty excited about that. Today wasn't mentally tough as I thought it would be leaving town, but I was actually excited. I am excited to go through the whites and get on some trail that doesn't break my ankles and make my feet scream at me. Well it's time to read and go to bed. No pictures today, but tomorrow will begin a string of amazing ones.
Day 28
The Whites are hard. We are at the first Hut that the AMC has through the National Forest. The hut's name is Carter Notch Hut. Landon and I did work for stay while Daryl payed to stay. It's almost like staying in a cabin. There are benches stretched out the length of the dining room and a kitchen attached to it. There is a crew of 4 people that run the hut. This includes making the food and housekeeping things. This might actually be something that I'd want to do as a summer job. Here are today's pictures.
Day 29
We summit Mount Washington tomorrow!!!!! Easy 10 today. Here are today's pictures. Goodnight.
Day 30
Mount Washington was awesome!!!!!
Day 33
Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days. We have been Hut hopping through the Whites and have been getting fed soooo well! I've probably put on weight through the Whites! That's saying something! Anyways these Huts are run by college age kids so they love thru-hikers. This could be a summer job I would love to have.
We made it to town and I'm laying in a hostel run by this guy named Chet. The hut is run by donations and is a huge hub for northbound and southbound hikers a like. Tomorrow is a zero day(no hiking) and then we are slackpacking(barely any weight) 17 miles out of the Whites and on to Hanover!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment