Friday, August 3, 2012

The Grind of Things

Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. To be honest there hasnt been much to post about and it's been raining almost every day for at least a little while. Yesterday Landon and I left Dalton, Massachusetts where we zeroed after going through Vermont in 7 days. We stayed at a place called the Birdcage. It's a free hostel that is run by a man named Rob Bird. Rob is on of the most selfless trail angels I have met on my journey so far. He took care of us like we were his own children and made sure that we had everything we needed. He is truly a gift to hikers. We stayed at a cabin last night where we are getting blueberry pancakes before we leave. Landon's parents are going to meet us in 2 days and were gong to zero at his house in Connecticut before continuing our journey further south. Well it's time for pancakes. Here are my pictures
Well the pancakes were amazing as expected!
Day 52
I am at Landon's house in Farmington, CT taking a zero. As an extra bonus the Olympics are on and I am permanently fixed to the tv. Sorry there haven't been more pictures of the trail. It has literally been a green tunnel with very limited views. We did however walk through some cow pastures and corn fields within the past few days. It's been pretty cool! We walked past the monument where Shay's rebellion happened. That was also pretty interesting. The amount of American history that we've encountered so far is very cool. Well physically I am doing fine. My toe is bothering me, but it isn't enough yet to stop me! I'll be having surgery in Pennsylvania when Mom and Dad come up to visit me. The recovery shouldn't be more than 3-4 days and then I'll be back on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment