Friday, August 10, 2012

Thank You

Today I had to say goodbye to two new and amazing friends. Landon's brother, Taylor, and one of his good friends, Amy Stafford, joined us hiking for the past three days. Needless to say we all had a blast together just chilling in the woods and hiking through New York. It was nice to have people to talk to that didn't just talk about hiking. We had stimulating conversations and just an all around good time. I've found that the woods are a very good place to get to know some one very quickly and that's exactly what happened with Taylor and Amy. Though they may not read this blog I have to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for coming out into the woods and making a thru-hiker very happy. You all are amazing.
On a more technical note, Landon and I have done 800 miles on the trail as of tomorrow and tomorrow will be our two month mark out here. It feels like so much longer than two months and these next 2 months and some change will absolutely fly by for us. I am also constantly counting down the days until I see mom and dad in PA. Though I'm having surgery to fix my toe :/ it will be great to see them right around the halfway mark.
I'm sorry there aren't more pictures, but there has been literally nothing to take pictures of recently, but that doesn't mean I haven't taken a few.

2 comments:

  1. Son; Once again, you have shown us the beauty of God's earth! We are soooooo looking forward to seeing you in 1 1/2 weeks. Take care and tread softly!

    Love
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a great time hiking with you guys the past few days, I missed you both today! Hopefully I can spare some time later to join you again, but no promises. Keep in touch, be safe, and keep Barnes out of trouble for me!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete