Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gear List

As promised, here is everything that I will be taking with me for 5 months on the trail. I was super excited to find out that my pack weight with at least 4 days of food and 2 liters of water was 22 pounds!!!
Starting from the back and working forward:
-Golite Down Sweater
-Arc'tyrx Rain Jacket
-Golite Jam 50 Liter Backpack
-(Grey Bag on left) Clothing bag w/ extra pair of undies, pair of shorts, pair of socks, and a shirt.
-(Green Bag on left) Hammock with bugnet
-(Orange bag in middle) food bag with 4 days of food, cookset and stove
-(Green bag on right) hammock tarp
-(Lower Left) mountain hardwear light fleece
-(Shoes) New Balance Minimus Trail
-(Lower Middle) On-body shirt and socks
(Lower Right Orange) Mountain Hardwear UltraLamina 32 Sleeping Bag
(Lower Right Brown) Columbia Hiking Pants
I will have one more post before I get to Baxter State Park, but its a secret! Thank you all so much for supporting me in my choice to thru hike the trial. Your emotional support means more to me than anything. I hope that this blog provides a way for you to live vicariously through me for the next 5 months. I will do my best to make to make this blog as entertaining for you as my hike is for me.

Thanks again and happy trails,

Greg Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment